Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Plunder's Call

 


Introduction

Plunder's Call is a 4 players multi local coop party game in the same vain as Overcooked and Moving Out where the players are pirates that are plundering archipelagos in different kind of levels. Their goal is to organize and coordinate themselves in order to get a maximum amount of treasures.


Context

This game was a school project made on Unity with two constraints. Only 4 months of production and no artists available on it. To overcome this, we get a budget of 70€ to buy assets.


My Work

On this project I was the only programmer. Which means that I worked on the controller, the local multiplayer, all the gameplay features (including Collision managment & physics), a pathing tool (which I present in detail in the next post) and assets, UI, feedbacks integrations...


Conclusion

This project was my first videogame production and the most complete project that I did on Unity. It helped me to better understand the engine with his pros and his cons (espacially the physic). Being the only programmer of a project was also enriching by the fact that there is no one to rely on when something goes wrong and that is how I learned most.

Screenshots






I'm a Game Programming student at Rubika in Master's degree. Work on several Videogame related project reinforce my love for gaming and programming. I would like to work as a Gameplay Programmer mainly on Systems and Gameplay AIs or as a Tools Programmer

I'm aware that it can be not easy to work in this industry with the amount of work and pressure that can be important. Nevertheless I'm deeply motivated in order to fulfill my career objectives.

I'm currently looking for an 4 to 6 months intership starting in July

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

SIMON GONAND
+33 6 95 98 75 61
Seyne-sur-Mer, Var(83)

Powered by Blogger.